- Complete the request form at blogs.hsc.edu
- Once your blog is created, you will receive an email from our WordPress installation with ‘from’ field — WordPress <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Verify your account and login.
Then follow a few simple steps to get up and running.
- Look for ‘Settings’ in the menu
- Choose privacy settings
- Select tagline and time zone
Time is UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) – UTC-4 is DST for here; UTC-5 is EST for here
- Turn comments on or off (can override this individually) If you leave comments on, be sure to check for spam often. Comments must be moderated
- Fill in your profile (roll-over your id in top right corner to see ‘Edit My profile’)
change passwords here
- Look for ‘Posts’ in the menu
- Look for ‘Pages’ in the menu
- Menu created from Pages, but you can order
- Write a post
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SITE
- Look for ‘Appearance’ in the menu
- Choose a theme
- Select widgets
- Set colors, header images, layout
OTHER USEFUL TIPS
- Add Users — If a student id is already in the system, an admin(you) may add them to the blog as an Author; otherwise, super-admins, Mike Timma or Cheryle Dixon need to add them to the system.
Be sure to remind students to verify the account when they receive an e-mail from the WordPress system.
- Plugins and Themes — Find other widgets and themes at — http://wordpress.org/plugins/ and http://wordpress.org/themes/
These must be installed by Webmaster, Cheryle Dixon prior to use.
- HELP — WordPress Help site — http://codex.wordpress.org/