- Assistantships and Graduate Fellowships Guide to Graduate Programs at the American Mathematical Society
All “Best of” and “Top 100” lists for graduate schools should be taken with a grain of salt. On second thought, better make that a pound of salt. What’s best for one person might not be best for another. The most important thing for prospective graduate school applicants is to find a top-flight school that
- is doing active research in the area that you are interested in, and
- offers the kind of support necessary to make it possible for you to attend, and
- seems to be a good fit for you personally.
That being said, here’s the most famous “Best of” list for graduate schools, from US News and World Report:
- America’s Best Graduate Schools 2009 from US News and World Report
And here are several grains of salt: