Dr. Daniella Widdows
Director of Global Education and Study Abroad
August 31, 2020
It’s been great seeing so many familiar, albeit partial, faces and meeting new students these past couple of weeks! Office traffic in our new location at Blake A so far is very similar to last year’s, which given the new building and the global pandemic is wonderful. Please don’t hesitate to mask up and stop by! My office has room for social distancing and enough equipment to meet and do the advising process safely.
We are still building our fall events calendar, but here are two items of note for September:
- Faculty-led May Term Abroad/Away program information will be posted this month on our Summer Programs webpage.
- September 15: H-SC Funding app and the Permission to Apply form due (Endorsed Spring 2021 programs)
Also, students wishing to apply for external funding for upcoming programs should begin reviewing the application processes now.
- Mid-September: Fund for Education Abroad Scholarship
- Early October: Gilman International Scholarship
- Mid-October: Japan Bridging Scholarship
- Mid-November: Critical Language Scholarship
Not ready to apply for a program or funding, but want to keep an eye on what’s happening in the world? Check out the DailyChatter newsletter designed specifically for students.