Adrian Guerra: Post 1

Adrian Guerra
London School of Economics
London, England
Fall 2016

Hello, my name is Adrian Guerra and I am studying abroad in London. I am enrolled in the London School of Economics General course and will be taking several economics courses as well as a philosophy and government course. Being in London has already presented an abundance of opportunities like joining clubs, getting to know the very vast and diverse city, and of course studying at the best economics school in the world. I look forward to exploring this amazing city and going to one of the many theatrical performances that can be found here.

I am really nervous about the grading system in London. The way classes work over here is one test at the end of the year determines your final grade, which of course is very different from the grading system in place at H-SC. Additionally, for each class we have a lecture and a separate class. The lecture is composed of over 100 students, my Macro class is actually composed of 500+ students which is insane compared to what I’m used to at H-SC. The separate classes do tend to feel more like home, since each class will not exceed 20 students. My biggest worry for the moment is getting used to this and staying on top of my studies, with no weekly work having to be done.

I hope to be available to fully explore London as well as to travel to other amazing countries around me. I also hope to become more cultured during this trip, I’ve already met some wonderful people from all over the globe. Another thing that I have to get used to in Europe is the food, portions served here are minuscule compared to what I am used to in the United States. Adapting to the new sizes of meals has certainly been a tad bit difficult, but not impossible.

I would highly recommend this trip to anyone, the school is amazing and the city is breathtaking.

img_2592
London Bridge